Monday, February 19, 2007

Saaaailin' takes me aaaway to where I'm going


Okay, you've seen the VacationsToGo.com ad banner a mazillion times, but they actually really rock. If you want to be spontaneous, you can get really good deals on upcoming cruises. On a bad day I log on and just look at deals and dream about doing it. Heck, last week I found a 7 day Bahamas cruise for $329, that's $47 of all food, bed and entertainment a day!!! It's off season, and the Bahamas cruises are less expensive than they have ever been, soooo worth a gander. And VacationsToGo.com were sooo helpful, answering all my questions, and after I told them it was our honeymoon, they had chocolate-covered strawberries waiting for us in our room! Now two reasons why should cheapskates should consider a cruise:

*Floating hotel. No getting lost trying to find attractions, shows, pools and other fun are within walking distance from your bed. And if you want to take a shore excursion, there's a travel agent on the boat who will set it up for you. When we went to the Bahamas for our honeymoon, we checked out the stats on out 2 ports, and found that one had very little to do, and the other was a big city. So at the little port, we took a cheap snorkeling trip and on the big one, I checked out a book from our local library and it gave us a walking tour of the city, and then from there we found a beach and a market to haggle at. So dang convenient!

*FOOD. Yup, I'm one of those goody two-shoes Mormons, but when it comes to cruises, it is the cheapest and best vacay option. We don't drink alcohol, so that big ticket is out o' there (I have a friend who went on a cruise and her alcohol bill cost more than the cruise!). But the glorious food is all included, all day long every day. For most dinners I'll order more than one entree and all the desserts, because I want to try everything. That meant yes, lobster and steak at the same time, I already paid for it, dagnabit! It's a trip to go out to eat and not look at the prices:)

So why not? Use all those saved pennies for one really awesome memory!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Omgoodness Reva, I heart your site! YOu should post about this though: http://www.ihop.com/tellafriend.php
For those in the stateses, free pancakes tomorrow at IHOP! Holla! Much love!