Saturday, February 17, 2007

Keeping the kids off the streets

My kiddo isn't old enough to sit up, let alone discover her talent as the next Rembrandt, but it doesn't stop me from looking all over for cheap and easy things we can do once she has a few more motor skills under her belt.


My favorite site for all things kid fun is Kiddley, which is unfortunately taking a break from the daily updates. Luckily though, there's an insane amount of treasure in the archives, and the links are amazing. Right now I am so crazy about making this No-Sew Tutu that it has me salivating, what with my love of all things tutu and my lack of sewing skills.






Also, Australian Women's Weekly has a great recipe for fingerpaint that requires nothing more than water, cornstarch and food coloring. Again, as of right now my kid would only joyfully jam it into her mouth, but you gotta be looking ahead! I sure am!




And in the art-but-hopefully-less-messy genre, we also have free printable coloring pages from Familyfun.com. Oh, blessed intraweb... I love you!!!

No comments: