Wednesday, December 9, 2009

New topic: Worth The Splurge


So, we all like to get whatever we can on sale, clearance, whatever, but what have you purchased for full price that was worth every penny?  I'll go first - Husband gave in a got me this amazing dress from Shabby Apple for my birthday, just 2 months after giving birth.  First off, I have a MAD crush on Shabby Apple dresses.  Their dresses are classic, well-made and this particular one hides my (too slowly)shrinking baby belly and doesn't even wrinkle when I travel.  I'm pretty sure it's magic, like those travelling pants.  And I can wear any accessory I want with it - even my purple tights!  It was just around $100, but every time I put it on it makes me feel thin again and fantastic with almost zero effort and I know it'll be in my closet for years to come without going out of style.  WORTH IT!  I seriously would recommend it to any woman out there.  It's MAGIC, afterall!

What was Worth YOUR Splurge?

2 comments:

Cath said...

It wasn't even full price, but about four years ago I spent $100 for a pair of red shoes. But they're amazing! Stuart Weitzman, pointy toe, stilettos. The color name is "Quasar Red," for crying out loud! I love them so much, I'm wearing them for my wedding. Totally worth every penny.

Becky said...

I finally bought an expensive diaper bag. And it has been totally worth it. I have spent hundreds on worthless ones that seem to fall apart every other month (not sure why) so I finally found the most amazing one at a chic little boutique near my parent's house. Love it. It cost--gasp!--$150 but it has actually lasted 6 whole months and is still good as new! Not to mention it looks super hot on my double stroller! It would go great with your dress splurge. Check it out here. http://www.petuniapicklebottom.com/collections/original/touringtotes/granadanights/