Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Don't forget about Etsy



I ADORE checking out etsy.com, and seeing what people with actual skillz can come up with.  I get my best gifts for people from there - things with personal touches, like guitar pick earings, cool laptop covers, you name it.  They have everything.  EVERYTHING.  When I was pregnant with baby number 2, I was looking all over online to see about buying a Bella Band and I couldn't find one for under $25, some even more.  It's an tube of fabric, people!  As I scoped out etsy one day from maternity shirts, I ran into quite a few shops selling homeade ones from $8 and up.  Much more reasonable, and it supports reg'lar folks like you and me!  (well, not me, I have no skillz there).  I bought a nice black one for $10 and it fit well and was fabulous.  So for those little things - go check etsy out.  They may just have what you need at a fraction of the price.

The seller I bought from doesn't exist now, but here's one shop of many with great ones in varieties of designs:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/RunSystem63

No comments: