Saturday, June 9, 2007

She's got leeeegs!

Okay, this is not a craft blog, but this post shows how I saved myself $12-$20 plus shipping, heh heh. I am a mom to one very wiggly 8 month old daughter, and I recently got all geeked out about the product Baby Legs, basically, leg warmers for babies. It's a great idea, since you can leave them in a onesie and put them on and you can change their diaper without tugging pants off of them and they still have warm legs - although right now I'm less worried about warmth and more about keeping her from scratching up her knees as she crawls all over the place.

But oh, the pain of looking at all these cute thingys and knowing that the soft rainbow ones I wanted were $20.... good golly, I wouldn't spend that much on leg warmers for me!

And then I remember - I have these rainbow toe socks from my "cool" college days that the toes are getting worn out. The solution - cut 'em off and let her go to town!!The unwanted toes.

Then I really couldn't get a good shot of her in them since she wouldn't stop moving, but here's my brag shots anyway:



So, instead of paying $20 I just recycled some old socks:) It can be done with reg'lar ones too, just find some long socks and cut it at the heel.

Color me smart!

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

so ingenious....almost makes me want to buy cuter socks....

Anonymous said...

that is sooo cute!!!